Tuesday, February 23, 2010

My new coin collection...

I know this seems unusual but I have started to collect coins. I bought a safe about 6 months ago and it came with some $2 bills along with gold plated half dollar coins and uncirculated dollar coins. I have had fun putting items of value in my new safe. I have all my nice jewelry and some money tucked aside. But now, I have begun to also add to my coin collection. So I am headed up to Layton today to go pick up my birth year of coins for $12. I think it would be neat to have.




I am also thinking of buying 10 pennies for $9. Sounds a little crazy huh but these 10 pennies are from 1943 (WWII) and they are made of steel. Apparently the 1943 steel penny is the only U.S. Mint coin ever produced that does not include any trace of copper. Sounds pretty cool. I doubt any of these will really go up a ton in value but it is worth a shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment