Friday, August 20, 2010

Trust!

The house...
I don't normally share work stories but I am going to today. It isn't everyday when something new happens. Well, new experiences happen all the time in real estate but usually they are along the same wavelength. But today... I want to share a first for me.

So in all my years of selling, never have I had a client trust me with the house they bought so much that they never have seen it themselves!! So get this, I have a military family moving here from Wisconsin. They searched online before they came out- for weeks. I went out and previewed homes for them and sent them pictures. We got a huge list of homes to see when they got in town. I think we saw about 50 homes atleast when they did arrive in town. They were in town for a week and we looked at homes everyday. We placed 3 offers in that time. Due to us being outbid on the first home (this is typical- buyers have to miss out on one home because they want to "offer a lot less". They get stung with reality and then they make normal offers after that. It's normal and I deal with it on every client almost). We got that out of the way. On to our second offer which the seller decides at the last minute that they want to rent their house now instead of sell. Tough luck lesson #2. So we are back to the drawing board a day before they are leaving to go back to Wisconsin. They are starting to get that freak out feeling since they can't take more time off work to come out and look at houses. They pick a home the day they leave and place an offer. We go under contract and move forward.

I still looked at homes after they left. I don't know why but I just did. Turns out, I found one that I thought they would like and I sent them photos. I went back again and again to the house. In my mind, I think they will love it but I am not sure. You never know. They talk it over and want me to place an offer. Ok so I move forward still not totally thinking it will go thru. That was 3 weeks ago. They just closed on the home today. It is officially their home. They have never seen the house!! They relied 100% on me. I feel so much pressure. Tomorrow is the moment of truth. They are in route here from Wosconsin with a moving truck and I am so nervous!

No comments:

Post a Comment